Dinosaur Hoodie!

12/22/11



This year for X-mas I wanted to make some homemade presents that I hope Zane will love for years to come. This is the Dino hoodie project. It was super simple I found this on pinterest originally.
First you buy a hoodie and 1/4 of a yard of felt fabric in your choice of color. then I folded over the felt long ways and ironed a crease in it. Then I cut out triangle shaped pieces of felt. Actually it would be a double triangle because of the fold. I then hand sewed the triangles right down thru the middle of them onto the hood part of the sweatshirt. Then I used my sewing machine to sew the rest of the dino spikes down the back but you can hand sew these as well if you don't have a sewing machine. You will also want to pin these in position before you sew these :) It helps if you iron a crease down the back of the hoodie so that it is straight. After sewing the triangles on the hoodie we are going to pin the triangles together and hand sew these together. This sounds like it would take alot longer than it does. I did alot of the hand stitching part while on lunch at work. Check out this most awesome tutorial! And happy sewing!

Becca




Posted by Picasa

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment