Crock pot turkey Chili

3/15/12




Chili is always my go to recipe. You can use the left overs for so many things chili mac, nachos, chili spaghetti I could go on trust me. But this turkey chili not only is so good you might not even have left overs but it's also good for you! I like to make my chili in the crock pot because you can just throw it in there and forget about!


Crock pot turkey chili

1lbs ground turkey breast
1 can campbells tomato soup
1 can chili beans in chili sauce ( I use the hot kind)
1 can red kidney beans drained
1 bag of frozen green and red peppers and onions ( I get the kroger brand)
1 small can of chili peppers diced
1 can of diced tomatoes with chili's in them
1 can of stewed tomatoes
1 tsp garlic salt
 1 tbsp of cumin (I like a lot more than that so go crazy if you want to same with the chili powder)
2 tbsp chili powder
1 bunch of green onions chopped (reserve half for serving)
1 bunch of cilantro chopped (reserve half for serving)
1 jalapeno seeded and sliced into rings
salt and pepper to taste
couple shakes of hot sauce


Okay now I know that list of stuff may look like a lot but trust me this is easier than that list makes it out to be :) you start by browning your ground turkey and I would season it with a little salt and pepper while you do this. Then we are going to throw that in the crock pot on low. Add all of your canned ingredients and pepper mixture. Then add the rest of that list into the mix and give it a small taste right now to see if you need to kick up the spice factor a notch. This is when I normally add about half the jar of cumin and chili powder because I like it hot! Now let that bad boy cook on low for about 8 hours and by the time you get home from work you will be in business! Serve it up with the rest of those green onions and cilantro on top along with some shredded cheddar, sour cream and jarred jalapenos and you will be lovin life!

No comments:

Post a Comment