Cinnamon sugar muffins

4/22/12




What can I say about these cinnamon sugar donut muffins......well I can say that Zane was excited just by the sight of them. He screamed as I sat it on his high chair tray and it had barely touched before he shoved it in his mouth. And my husband and I thought they were delicious too. These would be perfect with a cup of coffee and some fresh fruit.
Or just to eat anytime not just for breakfast. I can't say these are WW friendly they probably aren't but I will try to calculate the points later and update. In case you hadn't guessed I have slightly fallen off the WW wagon lol not entirely but I could be doing alot better than I am. Anyways not to be a Debbie downer on these awesome muffins lets get on with it!



Cinnamon sugar donut muffins


1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup of milk plus 3 tablespoons


cinnamon sugar coating

1/4 cup butter melted
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup sugar



Sift flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together and set aside. cream butter and sugar then add the egg, vanilla and milk and combine dry ingredients. Pour into muffin tin makes 12 regular muffins or 24 mini muffins. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. When they are cooled dip each muffin into the melted butter and then dip into sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg mixture and enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment