pecan shortbread cookies

2/12/12




 I started out just wanting to make shortbread cookies then I realized that I had a about 2 cups of chopped pecans that were needing used. That was perfect for my husband he loves pecans! The real reason I wanted to make shortbread cookies is that I have these awesome Peanuts cookie cutters that I have been wanting to use. There's Snoopy and Charlie Brown, the whole gang! Unfortunately my dough was a little thick for my cookie cutters and then I couldn't find my heart cutters so I settled for stars. So here they are Pecan shortbread cookies!


Pecan shortbread cookies

3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 pound butter or margarine
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups chopped pecans


Cream the butter and sugar together. Then add vanilla. In separate bowl  sift the flour and salt together then add to the butter mixture. Roll out onto floured surface and use cookie cutters to cut out shapes and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees until just golden. About 15-20 minutes.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment